Tuesday, January 19, 2010


This is Jason (named after one of my cooks who didn't show up to a meeting this morning). I have all the mirpoix in the background ready to go into a big pot.
Shortly after this photo I trimmed all the hairs off and took off the ears. Everything then was simmered in the pot for about 8 hours. The ears where removed at about 2 hours and set aside to use as garnish later. The broth was strained and the meat from the head pulled and chopped. I took care to get all the good stuff (tongue, cheeks, etc...) skin was saved for cracklings. After chopping the meat coarsely I tossed it while still warm in a mixture of diced Meyer lemons, roasted garlic, grain mustard, and day old brioche. After which I rolled it tightly in plastic wrap and put in the fridge. The broth is now a delicious split pea broth that will be the sauce for the final dish. I will post more on the final dish once it is done tomorrow.
Cheers
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment